The Post Graduate (PG) Course in Commerce was started in 2016 under the Department of Commerce. Presently, it is accommodated in the top floor of PADMASHREE MADARAM BRAHMA Central Library Building. The department is running the courses of Master of Commerce (M.Com) having 45 intake capacity and very soon the department is going to introduce M.Phil and PhD. research work. The department has one computer lab with broad band internet LAN. The department regularly conducts seminars and workshop for the benefit of the students. The department also organizes discussions on contemporary/burning issues to keep the students abreast of the latest happening. The faculties are beset with vast academic and research experience and also knowledge of teaching.
Mission & Vision
1. The mission of the department is to provide practical knowledge in Commerce including the knowledge of business activities in Northeast India in general and BTAD in particular.
2. The vision of the department is to make available provision of intellectual exercise among the scholars in the field of research and to disseminate the fruits of research in the adjoining areas for the optimum utilaisation of unsued resources and to bring overall economic upliftment of the society.
Brief about Syllabus
The proposed M.Com syllabus has a distinct objective to equip the students with knowledge, skills and attitude to become more suitable for the present and emerging markets. The courses are intended to impart intensive knowledge and training in the subject and help the students to acquire wider perspectives both for research, professional and entrepreneurial application. The syllabus has been designed student-centered where there is flexibility for the students to have a greater choice of courses appropriate to their interests, needs and long term goals achievement.
The courses are offered with Choice Based Credit System thus facilitating the students to have Core Courses minimum 80 Credits spread over 4 semesters for mastering in the subject, (for award of Master degree in Commerce) by acquiring the required depth and at the same time to select open courses of his/her choice.
1. Mr. Prasanta Brahma, M.Com. (Finance)
2. Ms. Tanuja Basumatary, M.Com. (Management)
3. Mr. Ringsar Basumatary, M.Com. (Accountancy)
4. Dr. Rajesh Deb Barman, M.Com. (Accountancy), PGDCA, M.Phil, PhD.
Head (i/c), Department of Commerce, Bodoland University